About the course
Unreal Engine 4 is one of the most powerful and accessible game engines currently available and with the release of Unreal Engine 5 just around the corner, there's no better time to start your Epic journey.
Learn to not only use UE4 but gain transferable skills that will assist you in any game development endeavour.
Build a complete game from an empty project up to packaging and sharing your work while getting an understanding of:
- The Unreal Interface and ecosystem
- Player Input and character movement
- Working with Splines
- Level creation
- Creating custom level design tools
- UI and Widgets
Using a familiar "Roll a Ball" style game as the template for the course you'll get the opportunity to learn a huge amount about the Unreal Engine and understand how to transfer that knowledge into your projects.
Not only that, but as we go through the course we will take the time to not only get things functional and leave it there as in many beginner examples. We'll take deeper dives into refining player movement to be more enjoyable for the user. Looking at efficient ways to make reusable tools. Adding particle and sound effects to add impact to our game, all while keeping a focus on good programming practices.
- Module Introduction (1:23)
- Cascade Vs Niagara (8:28)
- Cascade Mesh And Scale (11:33)
- Cascade - Rotation, Life & Drag (10:07)
- Cascade - Jump Pad Effect (7:32)
- Cascade - Goal Effect (7:59)
- Cascade - Playing Effects (14:20)
- Niagara - Cascade to Niagara Converter (4:33)
- Niagara - System Structure (6:00)
- Niagara - Render and Emitter Update (7:53)
- Niagara - Spawn and Particle Update (16:21)
- Niagara - Coin Effect (16:06)
- Niagara - Jump Pad Effect (4:23)
- Niagara - Implementation (10:44)
- BONUS - Naming Conventions (4:06)
A freelance programmer with a passion for game design.
If you want to learn to make games whilst not only learning how to program but also getting an understanding of what makes a game "fun" and why, this is the place for you.